Davis Park Homeowners
Brookhaven Town – Parking Permits:
- Parking is free to Brookhaven Town residents.
- Non-Brookhaven residents will be charged a daily parking fee or overnight parking fee.
- 2022 – Town of Brookhaven Parking Permits are going digital! No stickers, no lines, no hassle! Simply obtain your digital permit using our automated online system and your permit will become automatically active in 24 hours with no further action required! Brookhaven enforcement personnel will know you have a digital permit by scanning your vehicle to validate a permit was purchased for your license plate
- LINK: https://brookhaven-public.app.transform.civicplus.com/forms/24278
- Expires December 31st each year
Garbage – Rubbish Issues:
Garbage and Recycling 2022:
- The collection of solid waste and recyclables starts on Tuesday, March 22nd, 2022. See the pick-up schedule [ PDF: Davis_Park_Collection_Schedule_2022 ]
- Garbage. Trash and recycling collection starts at 6.30 AM, so put out your garbage and recycling the night before.
- Make holes in garbage cans & lids to stop the accumulation of rainwater.
- Make sure that lids fit securely and are tied to something other than the can itself.
- Have enough cans for the number of people in your house (we recommend one large can per bedroom).
- Separate glass from cans & tie-up cardboard & papers.
- Do not use the public DPA cans for household trash.
- Discard large items in front of your house: Bulk Items: Please email: Carting@BrownieNY.com or call (631) 750-5325.
- Do not leave bulk items on public walks
- NO Dumping Anywhere. IT’S ILLEGAL!
- Three streams for Recycling:
US Post Office, Davis Park:
A message from Linda Firpo, the Postmistress at Davis Park ( June 2017 ):
- The Post Office & Library officially opens with Mail Services on (TBD) for Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- Post Office will be open Monday to Friday from 11:00AM to 2:00PM
- US Mail arrives on the 11:30AM Ferry, and outgoing mail goes out on that same Ferry, back to the mainland
- All INCOMING Mail must be Addressed: 1 Main Walk, Davis Park, NY 11772
I do have stamps available and request that you try and purchase them from the Davis Park Post Office, because I think that by selling all the stamps each season it helps to keep us going. I also have all the priority mail boxes and envelopes and Express Mail postcards and postcard stamps (USA & Canada/ Europe). Envelopes are also available. Most mass mailings also come through Davis Park, so if you really feel mail disadvantaged, feel free to stop by for some mail. Also, it may be of interest to note that all mail is hand canceled and bears a “Davis Park” cancellation mark. On (TBD), I offer the “Post Card Experience” aimed at teaching kids to properly address a postcard. They select the original photo card, create a postcard, address it, place the postage, cancel and mail it. (They can also bring their own Photo which is converted to a postcard) Plus I email a picture to the parent/ significant other with the kid in postal garb (shirt and hat), for just $3.00 and a healthy walk to the Davis Park Coastal Postal Unit. ( good rainy day stuff ) Also, the library has really nice books for kids as well as cards and the CRAB Posters and magnets (for sale). The 18-month calendar with photos of Davis Park is also for sale. Please stop by often. Sometimes very important and official mail goes unclaimed and gets returned. If you put a phone number on the outside of your phone and keys you will get them back if they are turned in to me. Often a phone dies or is locked and I can’t identify the owner. I still have some phones and a key. If you need anything just let me know: eMail: lindafirpo @ me.com
- Grocery deliveries to beach (via Davis Park Ferry): King Kullen
- Beach House – Electrical System Inspection & Report: ‘Palace Lighting‘
- Fire Island Water Taxi 631-665-8885: www.FireIslandWaterTaxi.com
Dogs (fuzzy fuzzy woof woof)
Dog owners must follow the Town of Brookhaven – Code re: Dogs
- PARKS AND RECREATION AREAS – Animals
- DOG CONTROL AND ANIMAL WELFARE
- CONTROL OF DOG WASTE
Internet at Beach:
Barrier Free – Basic Residential broadband internet service with burstable bandwidth provisioned up to 10-Mbps speed Note Fees: Service Activation fee • Modem rental fee • Fee for router configuration of customer owned equipment • Installation and equipment fees / Terms as of March 2017: No Annual Contract, seasonal suspension for up to 5 month’s allowed, excluding equipment (CPE) rental charges Exede Internet links your computer to the Internet with a high-speed connection through one of our high-capacity satellites
Davis Park Erosion Control District (ECD)
Projected ECD Taxes 2015 – 2020
- We will continue to have ongoing erosion control costs (fencing, grass, monitoring) which we estimate at about $70,000 per year.
- All of these amounts are projections, of course; the level of ECD taxation is reevaluated each year.
Boardwalk – Walk Repair
Wear and tear takes it told on the wood walks that make up the community. The DPA works to see the town addresses needed repairs and upgrades to the walkway system connecting the community. Report Boardwalk Issues: email@example.com